Main Page | Route | Rules | Pre-Race Press Release
Registration for BADWATER CAPE FEAR
Registration opened on Sunday, December 8 for 2013 Badwater 135 and Badwater Salton Sea veterans (via a special email with the RunReg.com registration link and password) and then on Monday, December 9 for the general public. The registration link is posted at the bottom of this page.
51.4-mile Badwater Cape Fear: 175 entry slots available. $195 early entry; $250 after March 1.
32-mile Cape Fear 50km: 25 entry slots available. $175 early entry; $195 after March 1.
12-mile Cape Fear Adventure Run (starts 15 minutes after the ultras): 50 entry slots available. $40 early entry; $50 after March 1. (NOTE: Entry for the Adventure Run is only open to family members and friends who accompany registered 50km/51mi racers. The Adventure Run is not open to the general public.) Adventure Run entrants will receive a Badwater Cape Fear t-shirt and tote bag only, plus basic nutritional support at mile 3, mile 4, and the finish line. There are no awards for the Adventure Run. Adventure Run registration will open in January.
What's Included (For 51.4-mile / 50km race entrants)
First and foremost, you can expect a World-Class AdventureCORPS Event Experience, the experience of a lifetime. Additionally, entry in the race includes:
1) Super extensive "Bald Head Island Welcome Kit" sent in the mail from us that includes maps of the island , detailed information about the various home rentals availablem and much more. The kits will be mailed daily, as registrations are received. Want to receive and review the Welcome Kit before entering? Send $10 via Paypal to adventurecorps at gmail dot com and we will send you the kit, plus extend a $10 discount when you enter!
2) Badwater Tote Bag
3) March / Cape Fear edition of BADWATER Magazine
4) Badwater Cape Fear T-shirt
5) Badwater Cape Fear Visor by Headsweats
6) Support Checkpoints in three locations, passed a total of six times in the 50km and 10 times in the 51.4-mile. Checkpoints will serve HEED and Perpetuem by Hammer Nutrition, Hammer Gel, water, bananas, oranges, trail mix, cookies, and more.
7) Access to personal needs bags at the Race HQ checkpoint at BHIC, which will be passed at mile 3, mile 4, mile 12, and mile 32
8) Ambulance and EMS support on the course
9) Pizza, soup, snacks, and hot and cold drinks at the finish line
10) Custom Finisher's Medal
11) Friday Evening Social Mixer at Coastal Urge for racers, volunteeers, family, and friends
12) Sunday Morning Breakfast Buffet at Maritime Market. Breakfast is complimentary for all registered 51mi/50km racers, and available for a nominal charge to all 12-mile runners, volunteers, family, and friends.
13) Three 2015 Badwater 135 (or other AdventureCORPS event) Qualifying Slots (One each awarded to the top female and two male finishers, plus one to the top BHIC fundraiser. See the main info page for details.)
14) Race Webcast with time splits, Twitter, Instagram, and photos
15) For 51.4-mile official finishers only: Badwater Cape Fear Belt Buckle, as depicted above.
If you are a veteran of one of our Badwater or 508 events, our online results database will have assigned you your permanent AdventureCORPS ID #. Before you go to register for this event, please find your official AdventureCORPS ID #, which you can find by searching for your name here. Please note that it is extremely important that this number be input accurately (if one exists for you) when registering for this event. (If you have no such number, just put a zero.)
Ready to race? Register Now via RunReg!
PLEASE NOTE: Entry fees are non-transferable. Entry fees are only refundable, less $50, until February 1, 2014, upon written request.
Click the RunReg logo to register:
Main Badwater Cape Fear page | Route information