Home | Route | Rules
Entry into BADWATER® Salton Sea
Registration for the 2015 race opened on November 2, 2014. There are no prerequisites to apply, except each entrant must have run at least one 50-miler, or longer, in the past 13 months. (Teams which include a Badwater 135 finisher are given wider latitude.) If you would like to race, please submit your application!
What's included? First and foremost, you can expect a World-Class AdventureCORPS Badwater Event, the experience of a lifetime. Additionally, entry in the race includes:
1) Discount hotel rate at Borrego Springs Resort
2) Racer Check-In and Pre-Race Meeting
3) Spring edition of BADWATER Magazine with maps, route directions, rules, and all necessary information
4) Timing Checkpoints (one or two may be "self-service")
5) Race Officials on the course
6) Limited Medical Support
7) Race Webcast with time splits, Twitter, Instagram, and photos
8) T-shirt to all entrants and 2 crew members per team
9) Custom Finisher's Buckle (pictured above)
10) Post-Race Brunch
11) Nine Badwater 135 Qualifying Slots
Entering the Race
As a prerequisite, all race entrants must have completed at last one 50-mile ultra run. The only exception: a team that includes and is headed up by a Badwater Salton Sea or Badwater 135 veteran may include any runners that that veteran considers capable of finishing this event.
Detailed information will be required for each of the three team members, but each team member will submit their own information directly. To help avoid confusion, please have the following in order before submitting each team member's application:
1) A specific and unique Team Name which all three applicants will list on their application. This can be modified later, until April 1, if necessary. Please use the exact wording for your team name on each application, including whether or not you use the word "Team" in the name.
2) If you are a veteran of a Badwater or 508 event, our online results database will have assigned you your permanent AdventureCORPS ID #. If you are a Badwater or 508 event veteran, please find and input your official AdventureCORPS ID #, which you can find by searching for your name at this link. Please note that it is extremely important that this number be input accurately (if such a number exists for you). If you have never entered a Badwater or 508 event, you will not yet have an AdventureCORPS ID#. In that case, list 0 as your number.
3) Please submit all three teammates' applications on the same day so that we can review them together.
All Applicants are encouraged to take the application process seriously and compose a detailed and accurate application. Applications should be written as if the reader has never heard of the applicant and has no prior knowledge of the entrant or any of the events in which he/she has participated, including the various Badwater events. Acronyms and initials should not be used when listing events and such; please type out the full name of any event, person, or place mentioned in the application.
Due to permit, safety, and operational restrictions that limit the field to 35 teams or less, we apologize now that some qualified applicants may not be accepted. We encourage those not invited to attend the race as a crew member, a gratifying experience in itself, as well as an outstanding addition to a future application to compete.
Access the application by clicking this logo:
Want to avoid paying the online registration surcharge? Use Coupon Code PAYBYCHECK to bypass paying the registration fee now, then mail a check in the amount of $400 (per runner) to AdventureCORPS immediately to secure your spot in the race. (You are not officially IN the race until the fee is paid.)
Important Forms to Download, Prepare, and Bring to the Race
Medical History Form (Word doc: all runners)
Waiver (Pdf: all runners, all support crew, all staff)
San Diego County Waiver (all runners)
Check-In Form (Word doc: one per team)