Home | Route | Rules
Entry into BADWATER Salton Sea
Registration is now open! Currently 20 teams are registered and we will accept additional teams until the race field is full with up to 25 teams. There are no prerequisites to apply, other than having run at least one 50-miler, or longer, in the past 13 months. If you would like to race, please submit your application!
What's included? First and foremost, you can expect a World-Class AdventureCORPS Badwater Event, the experience of a lifetime. Additionally, entry in the race includes:
1) Discount hotel rate at Borrego Springs Resort
2) Racer Check-In and Pre-Race Meeting
3) May edition of BADWATER Magazine with maps, route directions, rules, and all necessary information
4) Timing Checkpoints (one or two may be "self-service")
5) Race Officials on the course
6) Limited Medical Support
7) Race Webcast with time splits, Twitter, Instagram, and photos
8) T-shirt to all entrants and 2 crew members per team
9) Custom Finisher's Buckle (pictured above)
10) Post-Race Brunch
11) Ten Badwater 135 Qualifying Slots (see Badwater 135 Qualifier below)
12) Discounted entry to Badwater Immersion
Applying to Compete
Detailed information will be required for each of the three team members, but each team member will submit their own information directly. To help avoid confusion, please have the following in order before submitting each team member's application:
1) A specific and unique Team Name which all three applicants will list on their application. This can be modified later, until April 1, if necessary. Please use the exact wording for your team name on each application, including whether or not you use the word "Team" in the name.
2) If you are a veteran of a Badwater or 508 event, our online results database will have assigned you your permanent AdventureCORPS ID #. If you are a Badwater or 508 event veteran, please find and input your official AdventureCORPS ID #, which you can find by searching for your name at this link. Please note that it is extremely important that this number be input accurately (if such a number exists for you). If you have never entered a Badwater or 508 event, you will not yet have an AdventureCORPS ID#. In that case, list 0 as your number.
3) Please submit all three teammates' applications on the same day so that we can review them together.
All Applicants are encouraged to take the application process seriously and compose a detailed and accurate application. Simply put, the applicants with the best applications (in terms of their athletic background, demonstrable commitment to sportsmanship, and in terms of their answers to questions posed on the application) will have the greatest chance of being selected to enter the race. Applications should be written as if the reader has never heard of the applicant and has no prior knowledge of the entrant or any of the events in which he/she has participated, including the various Badwater events. Acronyms and initials should not be used when listing events and such; please type out the full name of any event, person, or place mentioned in the application.
Due to permit, safety, and operational restrictions that limit the field to 25 teams or less, we apologize now that many qualified applicants may not be accepted. We encourage those not invited to attend the race as a crew member, a gratifying experience in itself, as well as an outstanding addition to a future application to compete.
Finally, a credit card will be required during the application process, but your card will NOT be charged upon submission. Your card will only be charged if you are selected for the race AND if you choose to submit your fee via the RunReg.com system. You may also pay by check or money order (and thus avoid the RunReg service charge). Please advise your payment preference if and when you are selected for the race.
Remember: You must submit DETAILS on your application. For each major race you mention, please include the full race name, race date, race distance, finishing time and place.
Access the application by clicking this logo (registration is now closed):
Important Forms to Download, Prepare, and Bring to the Race
Medical History Form (Word doc: all runners)
Waiver (Pdf: all runners, all support crew, all staff)
San Diego County Waiver (all runners)
Check-In Form (Word doc: one per team)