All Rights Reserved, including:
The entire contents of www.adventurecorps.com, www.badwater.com, www.furnacecreek508.com, www.xo-1.org, www.chriskostman.com, and all other AdventureCORPS URLs, websites, and blogs — text, images, data — are © Copyright AdventureCORPS, Inc. unless otherwise noted and are intended for personal information only. Downloading of information or graphic images contained herein for private, non-commercial use is not discouraged; however, written permission from AdventureCORPS, Inc. is required for the publication in any way of any material, including online.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
The following are trademarks owned by AdventureCORPS®, Inc. (Badwater® and AdventureCORPS® are federally registered trademarks owned by AdventureCORPS, Inc.)
“135 Mile World Championship”
“Badwater® Skin Care”
“Badwater® Ultramarathon World Championship”
“Badwater® World Cup”
“BAD135 World Series”
“Furnace Creek 508”
“Mount Laguna Bicycle Classic”
“We’re Out There”
“Where the West is Won”
“World’s Toughest Foot Race”
BADWATER® is a federally registered trademark owned by AdventureCORPS® in variety of classes, including – but not limited to – Sports Event Production; Entertainment Services and Broadcast Media; Broadcast over Video Media and Internet; Adventure Travel; Charitable Fundraising; Clothing and Footwear; Sunglasses; Skin Care Products; Belt Buckles and Patches; Medals and Medallions; Backpacks and Fanny Packs; Publications; Decals and Stickers; and Beverages including Water and Sports & Energy Drinks.
AdventureCORPS® is also a federally registered trademark owned by AdventureCORPS® in a variety of classes.
Use of any of these trademarks and/or their associated logo(s) if any, is forbidden without the express written consent of AdventureCORPS, Inc.
AdventureCORPS®, Inc. Disaster Policy
(Adopted from the Challenged Athletes Foundation Disaster Policy)
If an Act of God/Act of Terrorism/Community Disaster occurs leading into or during any AdventureCORPS, Inc. event, we will take the following actions:
- We will make decisions based upon the principle of “safety first.”
- The event will be altered as necessary, e.g., shortened, modified, or alternate course, or will be cancelled.
What Happens Next?
- Athletes participating in an event impacted by an Act of God/Act of Terrorism/Community Disaster will have first right to sign up for that same event the next year. A date will be set for them to accept their registration spot.
Financial Ramifications of an Act of God/Act of Terrorism/Community Disaster
- AdventureCORPS, Inc. cannot assume the risk of a disaster for everyone. Each athlete needs to accept the risk of his or her entry fee.
- There will be NO REFUNDS or free entries to future events. The money you paid was spent developing the event for which you signed up.
- AdventureCORPS, Inc. does not save any money if you do not complete the full course. We pay for all or nearly all event supplies or services associated with an event, regardless of the outcome.
- This is not a policy that is unique to AdventureCORPS, Inc.. It is standard procedure in the event business. We must all share the risk.